Sunday, October 9, 2016

3 Sara Battista BFA: 10 Years



Battista, "10 Years", Acrylic and Spray Paint on Canvas, 18 x 24", Painting II: Project 1, 2016


For this project we were told to make two paintings, the first to represent the type of artist we art right now, and the second to represent the type of artist we want to be in 10 years. The idea for this kind of came out of the abstraction from my Painting I Final [Image #] where I used terpenoid to liquify the oil paint so that it could freely move around the canvas as I titled it from side to side. I became very interested in the freedom of movement and the idea that you don't have full control over the art that you're creating. After I finished this piece, I left it to dry on my front porch where it had to sit through a wind and rain storm, which ultimately decided the final look.

No comments:

Post a Comment